For all our clients, we recommend they use google apps outlook email servers, instead of the normal, inferior web hosting offerings. Google systems are:
- Extremely secure and reliable
- Amazing web mail access
- You get 500 GB of storage space
- Your outlook email is always backed up
- There’s Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, Blackberry
- They have the world’s best anti-spam filters
Here’s the setups for MS Outlook to connect to the Google email servers.
1. Open google apps outlook.
2. Click the File in the navigation bar, and click Add Account. If you are changing over from another provider then click on the ACCOUNT SETTINGS instead to change the existing settings:
3. Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information for google apps outlook:
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full email address in the format [email protected]_domain.com.
Password: Enter your email password we’ve provided.
Check Manually configure server settings or additional server types: Leave this option unchecked if you want to automatically configure Outlook 2007. Click Next.
4. For configuring Outlook 2010 manually, select Internet E-mail and click Next.
5. Verify your User Information, and enter the following additional information:
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
User Name: Enter your full email address in the format [email protected]_domain.com
Password: Enter your email password.
Ensure the Secure Password Authentication (SPA) box is unchecked
6. Account Settings Click the More Settings… button, and select the Outgoing Server tab.
7. Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
8. Click the Advanced tab, and check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming Server (POP3). Enter 995 in the ‘Incoming Server’ box.
9. In the Outgoing server (SMTP) box, enter 587, and select TLS from the drop-down menu next to Use the following type of encrypted connection:
10. Click OK.
11. Click Test Account Settings… After receiving ‘Congratulations! All tests completed successfully’, click Close.
12. Click Next, and then click Finish.
Google Apps for Business Overview Video: http://youtu.be/15zSL5infoc
Google Apps For Business Overview: http://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/business/
Google Apps Resources: http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2677443
Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Outlook: http://support.google.com/a/users/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=28813&rd=1
Google Apps Download Microsoft Outlook Migration Tool: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/outlookmigration
Google Apps Join an upcoming webinar: http://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/business/resources/webinars.html
Google Apps Tips and instructions: http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/admins/resources/setup/
Google Apps Help Center: http://www.google.com/support/a
Google Apps Learning Center: https://sites.google.com/a/googleapps.com/google-apps-learning-center/home
Google Apps Mobile: http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/mobile.html
Google Apps Marketplace: https://www.google.com/enterprise/marketplace/
If you would like me to review your website, and provide you with the steps to optimise your website SEO, visit my bio page Kent Routen.