Write down your Business Keywords you see as the most important for your business.
If you need advice, simply send us an email to get you started.
The key objective for creating effective seo copywriting is to summarise your business, key services, products and what makes your business stand out from your competitors. We all have tons of information in our heads, but we need to get it online.
Start with creating your website seo copywriting Homepage Title meta tag and Homepage Description meta tag.
Homepage Title Meta Tag
- Step 1. Start with a title about your business. This will be your Homepage Title meta tag. The page title requires 40 to 70 characters. This is determined by how much space you see on the Google www.google.co.nz results page. Aim for 65-70 characters.
Example: “SEO copywriting for your business website homepage and about page” = 65 characters
Homepage Description Meta Tag
- Step 2. Now your Business Description. This is called the Homepage Description meta tag. The Homepage Description meta tag requires 140 to 156 characters. Aim for 140 characters.
Example: “Get the Kiwise SEO Copywriting Guidelines to help you write compelling copy about your business. 600 words of seo copywriting about your business for Page 1 in Google!” = 156 characters.
This is the information that needs to be displayed when potential customers are searching for your products and services in Google.
Both meta tags are very important (for all pages of your website) and will display on the SERP’s (Search Engine Results Page) and hopefully on page 1! We need to encourage visitors to read and click through to YOUR website. Not your competitors. Use compelling call-to-action copy using good grammar and syntax.
Refer to my SEO checklist to understand the key objective to get free inquiries from Google Search. Simply Google “seo checklist” or go to https://www.kiwise.com/seo-checklist/
- Step 3. Now you need to start your 600 word seo copywriting about your business. Google relies on good relevent website seo copywriting with good English, short sentences and easy to understand copy.
Start with the following seo copywriting information: Introduction
- Who you are
- What you do best
- How you do it
- Where you do it
Mission Statement sentence and Company information: Body
- Mission statement
- 3-5 Key Services (The services you wish to promote the most)
- Detailed information about when your company was founded.
- Directors, team, clients, community work, business networks, Associations and Accredited organisation you belong to etc.
How to contact you: Conclusion
- Summary and Conclusion of why and how to contact you including links to your Social Media Websites.
You could use the first 300 words for your Homepage and the other 300 words for the About Us page. This content can also be used for all your directory listings and Social Media business display websites.
To make sure you use the right keywords in your SEO copy, you can research what your customers are searching for with the Google AdWords Keyword Suggestion Tool: https://adwords.google.com/select/main?cmd=KeywordSandbox
Also read this excellent article from seomoz.org: 10-super-easy-seo-copywriting-tips-for-link-building
If you would like me to review your website, and provide you with the steps to optimise your website SEO, visit my bio page Kent Routen.