WordPress website maintenance for WordPress security and page speed performance. This month I have very important news about CyberSecurity for WordPress and what we’re working on to protect our clients websites.
Website CyberSecurity must be taken very seriously in 2016.
April 2016 was a critical month in Internet history to reinforce the importance for CyberSecurity. The Mossack Fonseca breach has been traced to an outdated WordPress Plugin.
Any website is at risk when software is outdated. This is the same for your computer software. Learn more about the Mossack Fonseca Breach on the Wordfence blog.
How to manage WordPress website maintenance
I encourage you to make time to read the below important news and updates. 2016 has already proved the importance for CyberSecurity and Google Best Practices. Last November we began adding extra security to our clients websites. All websites we manage continue to benefit from all of the below technology:
- The Genesis Framework + Mobile Responsive websites
- Wordfence WordPress Security for Cyber Security technology
- CloudFlare CDN & HTTPS for caching and traffic monitoring
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) for high traffic websites
- BackupBuddy WordPress Website Restore Software to safeguard our clients websites
- WordPress page speed checks with GTmetrix and GooglePageSpeed tools
- Monthly WordPress Maintenance and excellent technical support
Kiwise WordPress Website Maintenance Service
Every month of the year our WordPress website maintenance team manage our clients websites. We monitor backups, broken pages, forms, files and links. Much of our time is used for updating all the website software and potential compatibility errors.
- We keep our clients WordPress Core version, Plugins & StudioPress Theme updated every month!
- We make sure our clients WordPress Website is backed up!
- We make sure our clients WordPress website doesn’t get hacked!
- Not sure if you should install or update? Our clients get our Software Compatibility Support!
- Monthly WordPress Website Technical Support and Help!
We analyse our clients website speed and make it faster.
- We use W3 Total Cache the only WordPress Performance Optimization (WPO) framework; designed to improve user experience and WordPress website page speed.
- We use CloudFlare CDN for our clients WordPress website to benefit from the CloudFlare technology. The WordPress website traffic is routed through the CloudFlare intelligent global network. CloudFlare automatically optimises the delivery of the website pages so all the website visitors get the fastest page load times and best performance.
- We optimise all our clients website image files. We compress every image file for maximum page-speed and to preserve disk space. We use the EWWW Image Optimizer or Compress JPEG & PNG plugin to bulk optimise all existing image files.
- We make sure to reduce or update all page redirects. It’s very common for a WordPress admin or editor user to change a page or post address (page link). However if the link is not updated on any page this can affect the internal linking and cause a broken link or too many redirects.
- We use the WP-Optimize Plugin to remove all trash files. The WP-Optimize Plugin deletes WordPress trash files, spam folder files, ping-backs and track-backs. The plugin can also remove hundreds and often thousands of post revisions and post drafts. This is what WordPress automatically stores every time a WordPress admin or editor updates the WordPress pages.
- We selectively disable and remove plugins no longer required
- We do not advise the use of a Google Map embedded in any page or in the website footer.
- We disable all comment features, ping-backs and track-backs.
- We update all the WordPress Software and carry out compatibility checks.
- We check our clients website navigation pages and contact forms are working.
To learn more about WordPress Maintenance call 09-551 5526 or email us.