SEO copywriting guidelines to ensure your website page drives plenty of sales leads from Google Search. SEO copywriting is how to create website copy for Search Engines.
SEO Copywriting Guidelines and SEO Checklist
- Make sure the page meta title starts with the Focus keyword. One short sentences using 70 characters max.
- Make sure the page meta description uses the Focus keyword. Two to three short sentences and 160 characters max.
- Make sure the Focus keyword appears in the URL of your page.
- Make sure the Focus keyword appears in the first paragraph of the copy.
- Use the full page to create compelling call-to-action copy and Focus keyword variations.
- Use one image and make sure to add the Focus keyword to the image alt attributes.
- Make sure the Focus keyword appears in 2 to 3 subheadings (H2) in the copy.
- Make sure the Focus keyword density is near 2% but not higher than 3%.
- Make sure your page copy contains a minimum of 300 words.
- Make sure you have not used this Focus keyword before.
- Include outbound links to your social media pages.
- Do not use the Focus keyword for any anchor texts and hyperlinks.
- Link to other pages from your site with relevant keywords as anchor texts.
Questions for SEO Copywriting Guidelines?
Stay up to date with our latest news by following our Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google Plus pages.