B2B Internet Marketing Strategies are essential for any business website success. Read this step-by-step guide to B2B Internet Marketing Strategies, maximised website sales and how you can do it! Getting the right solutions is down to getting the right advice from the right B2B Internet Marketing professionals. All the advice given in this Blog post is directly from Kent Routen, who began working with business owners and Internet Marketing in 2001. Kent has over 16 years expertise developing business websites and using Smart B2B Internet Marketing Strategies. Kent has helped over 250 business owners .
This b2b internet marketing strategies Blog post will summarize what Kent has learnt from his Internet Marketing experience. “Look forward to learning about WordPress, Digital Strategy, Website Sales Success, Google Search, On-page SEO, Off-page SEO and more…” Kent Routen – Creative Director / Kiwise Digital Agency
Step 1. Business Website Advice And Recommendations
Any experienced website developer will require 10 years experience. Expect to pay from $3,000 to $10,000+ for a non e-commerce website. Why, because a very professional website will take 30 to 60+ hours to deliver. Any business website will require smart planning for the Website Architecture, SEO silos, User Experience, Website design, Website development, Website coding, with 10 to 20+ pages optimised for SEO and version control testing for website speed, mobile devices and web browsers.
- For Your Business website use WordPress. Kent and his team have tested all the major website building platforms. Since 2010 we know the WordPress.org software is the best CMS (Content Management System) available. 27% of the web uses WordPress, from small business to the biggest corporate and news sites online.
- WordPress Templates? 0/10: We don’t advise using templates most website developers use from sites such as themeforest.net. 99% of templates may look good, however we have tested many. The code is generally poor, the design and pages are difficult to customise and your site will be slow for mobile devices and computers.
- WordPress Themes? 10/10 StudioPress.com: Since 2010 we quickly discovered this excellent business website developing solution. We know it’s the best for ROI and fast results. This solution is designed for SEO (Google Search), Responsive Turnkey Designs, Built for mobile devices. State-Of-The-Art Airtight Security against hacks. With the Best Developers in the industry You Can Trust! Check out https://www.studiopress.com/features
- Would you like a website design quote? Complete our website design questionnaire and save time and use this Company About Page Template so yours is perfect!
Step 2. Marketing Plan and B2B Internet Marketing Strategies
Internet Marketing is only cost effective when you segment and target your customers. Even before the website build phase make sure you complete your business marketing plan and digital marketing strategy for the year ahead.
- Digital Marketing Plan: Your digital marketing plan includes your digital marketing campaigns and they are the building blocks or actions within your digital strategy that move you towards meeting your goals.
- Digital Strategy: Your digital strategy is the series of actions you take to help you achieve your marketing goal. Learn more blog.hubspot.com
Below is the checklist for where to start and deciding your investment
- Business Website
- Digital Marketing Goals
- Digital Strategy Actions
- Buyer Personas
- Target Audience
- Google Search Analysis And Research
- Make Your Website Easy To Find
- Grow Your Target Audience
- Content Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Website Results / Targets with KPI’s
- Digital Marketing Budget
Step 3. How To Generate Website Sales “Smart and Fast”
Internet Marketing 101 – To compete and win you need to decide how much, where and when…
Be excited not concerned: Simply be smart with how to target your business audience and with what. Below are the website traffic sources we successfully use for our clients every day and month of the year.
- Google Search Organic advertising: https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo
- Google Search Paid advertising: https://adwords.google.com/home/
- Email Marketing: https://www.campaignmonitor.com/
- Email Automation: https://www.campaignmonitor.com/features/marketing-automation/
- Facebook Free advertising: https://www.facebook.com/pages/create/
- Facebook Paid advertising: https://www.facebook.com/business
- LinkedIn Free advertising: https://business.linkedin.com/marketing-solutions/company-pages
- LinkedIn Paid advertising: https://business.linkedin.com/marketing-solutions
- Buy B2B Databases: https://nz.kompass.com/ for direct selling campaigns.
- Lead Nurturing: Paying for and driving all this website traffic is only successful when you treat every visit with a lot of care and attention. You only have seconds or minutes to sign them up… Give us a call to ensure just this!
- Business Reviews: Reviews in Google provide valuable information about your business to both you and your customers. Business reviews appear next to your listing in Maps and Search, and can help your business stand out in the the Google Search Engine.
- Referral Marketing: Referral marketing is a method of promoting products or services to new customers through referrals, usually word of mouth, email or social media. Such referrals often happen spontaneously but businesses can influence this through appropriate strategies.
Step 4. Best till Last – What is SEO? Why and How
If your business targets B2B or B2C, SEO is always important. Its too big not to use and lose…
Google now processes over 40,000 search queries every second on average, which translates to over 3.5 billion searches per day and 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide. http://www.internetlivestats.com/google-search-statistics/
You may receive many phone calls and be told many promises from SEO sales reps. Don’t pay anyone until you fully understand what SEO is and why it’s so important for your business. If you have a great business and you are the reason, then you need to make sure Google knows who you are, what you do, who for, how you do it and where.
B2B Internet Marketing Strategies – Learn About On-page SEO
Do it right from the start. The Who, What, How, Who for and Where…
Here’s my quick guide to Search Marketing and SEO
- Create a list of 20-30 Search Queries (Target Keywords) for the year.
- Decide one search query per website page to target for all your website pages.
- Decide one search query per Blog post to target every week or month.
The nuts and bolts to Search Marketing are very simple. We have to provide lots of “Business Activity” to Google. To get Google search traffic to your website, we have to provide business activity indicators. SEO is split into two types
Make sure your website is easy for users to discover and easy for search bots to understand. Use page titles, page headings, and page descriptions. On-page SEO is the practice of optimising individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page refers to both the content and HTML source code of a page that can be optimised, as opposed to off-page SEO which refers to links and other external signals. SEO is making sure you indicate to Google the Who, What,How and Where about your business. Next create excellent content marketing (SEO website pages and posts). Refer to https://moz.com/blog/category/on-page-seo
Off-page SEO is making sure you have a lot of relevant websites referring users to your website.
- Business Branding – when your brand is well recognised, your website SEO becomes much easier.
- Online Maps and Directory Sites – add your business information to https://www.google.co.nz/maps/search/ and NZ Business Directories. Get the list of NZ business directory sites
- Social Media – Use all the major sites relevant to your business and target market.
- Online Influencers – Build Connections with social media/online influencers.
- Customer service – Ask your customers for feedback and reviews for your website, Facebook and Google Maps.
- Online Forums – commit to frequenting forums and discussion boards, and comment blogging.
- Online Magazines – submit a monthly Press Release to the top NZ media sites. Its now become much easier to get an article in nzherald.co.nz, stuff.co.nz, nzbusiness.co.nz, scoop.co.nz, nzentrepreneur.co.nz, bizedge.co.nz, nbr.co.nz.
1. On-page SEO Copywriting Guidelines and SEO Checklist
You need to create content about your business as much as possible, using case studies, testimonials, team profiles, SEO Blog posts and guest blogs etc. Next you need lead nurturing and capture sources with website contact forms, website eBook downloads, Direct email targeting and automation follow up. The challenge is very few business owners or SEO professionals will go to great efforts to complete the checklist on the next page…
- Make sure the page or post meta title starts with the Target keyword. One short sentences using 70 characters max.
- Make sure the page or post meta description uses the Target keyword. Two to three short sentences and 160 characters max.
- Make sure the Target keyword appears in the URL of your page.
- Make sure the Target keyword appears in the first paragraph of the copy.
- Use the full page to create compelling call-to-action copy and Target keyword variations.
- Use one image and make sure to add the Target keyword to the image alt attributes.
- Make sure the Target keyword appears in 2 to 3 subheadings (H2) in the copy.
- Make sure the Target keyword density is near 2% but not higher than 3%.
- Make sure your page copy contains a minimum of 300-500 words.
- Make sure you have not used this Target keyword before.
- Include outbound links to your social media pages.
- Do not use the Target keyword for any anchor texts and hyperlinks.
- Link to other pages from your site with relevant keywords as anchor texts.
If a Google user searches for “seo copywriting guidelines nz”- this search query is the Target keyword and we apply the above SEO work.
I’ve been using the above for the last 7 years and I have proved it works very well. Clients who pay my agency to complete this make 70%+ sales from their website. Use our template SEO Copywriting Guidelines template below >
2. Learn About Off-page SEO Internet Marketing
Learn about Off-page SEO techniques using New Zealand business listing sites. Make sure you check if your business is already listed in New Zealand business listing sites. Simply go to www.google.co.nz and type your domain name with double quotation marks “domainname.co.nz” and click enter. If you have access to the Webmasters Google Search Console you can also review Links to Your Site. Don’t have an account?
This technique will display all the search results for how many times your domain name is included in New Zealand business listing sites. For fun do a test for “trademe.co.nz”. You’ll see “About 5,800,000 results (0.52 seconds)”. However if you click next to page 10 at the page footer, you’ll get an accurate number of actual domains pointing to the website searched.
Read our New Zealand Business Listing Sites Off-page SEO Techniques Blog post below >
The infographic below explains the importance of linking your website (Off-page SEO) to Social Media sites, Google Maps, Bing Maps, NZ business directories, business partners, business associations, local community, business + community forums and any relevant websites for your business.
We are now at the conclusion of this b2b internet marketing strategies post. Thank you for reading and do send us your feedback and comments. My final advice is to pay $8.00 and buy the Kindle Book SEO for GROWTH from amazon.com