Google announced a new update to its Search Ads 360 platform and it’s a big one. SA360 is even more powerful since it was first launched over 10 years ago. Making it simpler than ever for commercial enterprises to manage their search advertising efforts.
A select number of Search Ads 360 users finally gained preview access this past month.
The new platform experience will start rolling out over the coming months while allowing users to continue access in the classic experience. In this article, I outline what’s new and share effective ways to make the most of your budgets and inventory in the Search Ads 360 platform.
1. Greater support for alternative channels
One of the Search Ads 360 updates includes greater support for alternative search engines such as Microsoft Ads and Yahoo! Japan.
Other advertising channels have been neglected for years, and the consequence has been time-consuming workarounds to link data and make bulk changes.
As a result of the new update, Google promises that you will now be able to get more of your work done from the same place.
For Microsoft Advertisers, SA360 will now support additional features:
- Response search ads
- Call extensions
- Local inventory ads
- Access to a variety of audience types
For Yahoo! Japan advertisers, you can now utilize dynamic search ads and site link extension scheduling.
2. Access to new features
Search Ads 360 will now offer support for the newest features in Google Ads including:
- Performance Max – a new goal-based campaign type that lets performance advertisers access all of their Google Ads inventory from a centralized campaign.
- Discovery campaigns – allows advertisers to run ads in Google discover feeds to deliver highly visual, inspiring personalized ad experiences
- Display and YouTube Advertising (previously only in the platform)
Google has also added advanced enterprise innovation features that will allow teams to scale everyday tasks such as:
- Campaign management
- Create automated rules
- Use labels across various advertisers simultaneously
The addition of Templates will combine current features like inventory management and ad builder for a unified and scalable experience.
3. Updated inventory management
For media managers who spend hours crafting forecasts, the new Performance Center will include enterprise planning capabilities with spend, CPA, and conversion forecasts in the coming months.
A revamped inventory management system provides streamlined workflows and more powerful controls over how you use your ad space.
Utilizing an inventory feed, SA360 can generate ready-to-go paid search campaigns using dynamic data such as price, description, and availability of your product from your feed.
This tool is especially useful for industry verticals with frequently changing prices and availability such as:
- Live and Streaming Entertainment
- Businesses with geo-specific offers
How it works
- Provide high-quality data and make a list of attributes for your feed such as product name, price, and landing page.
- Create templates for each type of output you want generated such as a campaign, ad group, ad, or keyword. (Tip: start small!)
- Utilize functions and attributes to generate highly relevant ads.
- Check your output and optimize until you are happy with the results.
Within minutes, you’ll have ready-to-go, targeted campaigns in your account that ready for launch. In the new Search Ads 360, marketers will be able to manage templates across client accounts to update ads at scale.
4. Budget management
Any media manager will tell you that managing account budgets and pacing is one of the most critical components of campaign management and also one of the most difficult, especially at scale.
As part of the latest Search Ads 360 release, budget management will be improved and integrated with the new ‘Performance Center’.
Later this year, Google plans to provide complete access to these planning tools, allowing you to experiment with a variety of potential media budget flighting scenarios.
The following are some of the features included in the present budget management system:
- Visual graphs that include target and estimated spend, plus KPIs such as CPA (cost per acquisition) or revenue
- Automatic budget allocation and bid adjustments set by your chosen budget bid strategy
- Forecasting capabilities based on historical performance data that factors in seasonality
- Estimated cumulative spend and likelihood to hit target spend based on historical data
- Pacing reports at the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual level
As Google adds new features throughout the year, we can anticipate that these tools will become more accurate and streamlined for enterprise planning.
The new Search Ads 360 experience closely resembles the Google Ads platform with similar navigation and a familiar user experience.
Upon launching the SA360 platform, you can see the identical account overview dashboard found in Google Ads for seamless navigation between the two.
Into the future
With the new Search Ads 360 update, Google opens doors for the next generation of enterprise innovations to optimize performance.
The new updates will help you get more work done in one place saving time and providing a better cross-channel view for data-driven decision making.
To learn all about the new tools, enroll in Google’s new Skillshop modules for Search Ads 360. Source: www.searchenginewatch.com/2022/
Subscribe to the Search Engine Watch newsletter for insights on SEO, the search landscape, search marketing, digital marketing, leadership, podcasts, and more. Join the Search Engine Watch conversation on LinkedIn and Twitter.