This WordPress SEO Guide is focused on introducing the importance of keyword research. You can’t become an SEO expert unless you understand the basics.
When people talk about digital marketing, Search Engine Optimisation (or SEO) is a term that is constantly brought up. But what is it really? Is it as complicated as it sounds?
An Introduction to this WordPress SEO Guide
Regardless of the subject, to become an SEO expert it takes both time and commitment. Constant learning is required but you don’t need to be an expert to understand the basics of SEO!
The underlying goal of SEO is to be found by your target audience and drive organic or free traffic to your website. You need to make it easy for the right people to find you. To do this we need to start with keyword research.
This WordPress SEO Guide begins with Keyword Research
The purpose of SEO is to make it easy for people who are looking for you, to find you. Your website content needs to be relevant to what people are searching for. Understanding the “language” that your audience is speaking is crucial, as keywords make it possible for people to find your website.
The research lays the groundwork for the success or failure of SEO. You want to be able to identify the most popular keywords relating to your content.
Avoid the following mistakes when Choosing Keywords
Whilst selecting keywords, there are a few common mistakes people make. This WordPress SEO guide aims to help you avoid these common mistakes.
- Keyword research is a continuous process! Don’t just do it once. You will begin to realise some words work better than others!
- Keep expanding your keyword list! Keyword rankings are constantly changing as different words become more relevant.
- Ignoring the less common keywords! A popular keyword has more people competing against you. Try to find yourself a niche.
- Don’t forget about User Experience! SEO is important but it can hurt the quality of your content if you are not careful.
- Remember to get a second opinion! Reading blogs are great for learning but gaining advice from an SEO specialist can be hugely rewarding!
20 WordPress SEO Guide Tips to become a WordPress SEO Expert!
- Choose the Genesis Framework and a theme from StudioPress.com WordPress themes relevant to your business needs.
- Install the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin for custom metatag titles and description. Make sure you complete the Yoast SEO check-list and decide your focus keyword phrase.
- Install the W3 Total Cache WordPress plugin.
- Install the social sharing WordPress plugin by ShareThis to drive traffic to your Blog posts.
- Prepare user centric quality content
- Disallow category and tags pages in robots.txt
- Configure blog section landing page to show only post excerpts
- Install custom URL plugin
- Set post name as URL in settings
- Install redirection plugin
- In each page post use proper image with proper alt tags
- Install analytic plugin and add Analytics code
- Verify site with Analytics code for Google webmaster
- Install sitemap.XML plugin and submit in Google webmaster
- Register with well-known social media sites and prepare business pages
- Promote each page with social media sites
- Submit site in open directory sites
- Submit site in other directory sites with Google Page Ranker (PR)
- Share site in quality social marketing bookmarking sites
- Prepare good quality content and infographics and submit them in niche category and sites
If you think your web content needs an update, improvement, or if you need something written from scratch – don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We also offer SEO training classes.
Oops! We could not locate your form.