Kiwise Advertising Limited, trading as Kiwise SEO Agency (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see https://www.privacy.org.nz/
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy. This policy was last updated on 04.12.2020.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products.
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
- If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- to provide services and products to you.
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose).
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you.
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary).
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions.
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint.
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis).
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products.
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you.
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information).
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority).
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, contact us. Your email message should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.